Jan 23, 2007
Public Private Partnerships Bulletin
1. Governor Kaine unveils transportation package, GOP caucus responds with competing plan
Governor Kaine outlined his transportation plan to the legislative budget committees.
House Republican reaction to the Governor's plan can be found in following press releases:
House Republicans Decry Governor’s Transportation Funding Plan as “Way Too Low”
House Republicans: Kaine’s Budget Shortchanges Transportation
PowerPoint Presentation regarding his plan:
2007 Governor Transportation Agenda
On January 19, a group of Republican legislators offered a competing proposal.
2. Cumberland County advances PPEA plan for new school
Cumberland school project moves forward
Richmond Times-Dispatch, December 15, 2006
3. Beltway HOT Lanes project outlined
Private Project Aims for Greater Access to Tysons
Washington Post, December 14, 2006
4. Stosch introduces PPTA/PPEA oversight bill
A bill introduced by Senator Stosch requires legislative review of all state PPTA and PPEA projects. The bill is now pending during the 2007 session.
5. Sudley Manor PPTA project opens and brings commuter relief
A New Road to Relief for Commuters: Completion of Sudley Manor Drive Extension Opens a Key Link to Manassas
Washington Post, December 15, 2006
6. VDOT signs deal transferring Dulles Toll Road to MWAA
In addition to the articles below is a presentation to the Commonwealth Transportation Board outlining the agreement.
Copies of the actual agreement can be found at the VDOT website.
Airports authority agrees to take over Dulles Toll Road
Associated Press, December 21, 2006
7. Roanoke PPEA public safety center nears completion
Roanoke County's new Public Safety Building is almost complete
WDBJ7, December 19, 2006
8. Southeastern Parkway project questioned
Southeastern Parkway: Long way to go for shortcut
The Virginian-Pilot, December 18, 2006
9. Upcoming PPEA conferences announced
Public – Private Partnerships: Principles For Successful Development Relationships - Thursday, February 8, 2007
Working Together: Public-Private Partnerships - Monday, January 29
10. North Carolina Turnpike Authority outlines transportation priorities
Recent presentation on transportation priorities in North Carolina including PPP opportunities
11. Is road privatization dead in Virginia transportation debate?
Vanished? What happened to the debate about privatizing highways?
Daily Press, January 16, 2007
12. Loudoun Board wants Greenway tolls for local projects
Board Seeks A Share Of Greenway Tolls
Leesburg Today, January 17, 2007
13. Lynchburg seeks more input on Midtown Connector
New RFI from the City of Lynchburg for the Midtown Connector project.
14. Loudoun pushes back deadlines for PPEA projects
Notices from Loudoun County extending deadlines for several pending PPEA projects:
Government Administrative Center
Master Planning and Development of County-Owned Site