D. Bowen Heath
State Government Relations
Bo is an attorney and vice president with McGuireWoods Consulting LLC’s state government affairs group and he is also serves as counsel for McGuireWoods LLP. Bo represents clients before the state legislature, local governments and executive branch agencies. He also advises clients on campaign finance and state ethics compliance.
Bo represents a diverse group of clients on a range of issues including energy, property and casualty insurance, education, gaming health care and tax. He has extensive experience in developing and implementing comprehensive government and public affairs strategies that include drafting, monitoring and lobbying legislation and regulatory rules.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Bowen was a legal intern for the Wake County District Attorney, 10th Prosecutorial District and a legislative intern for Representative Hugh Holliman in the North Carolina General Assembly.
- Representation of a national insurance company on North Carolina property insurance legislation including automobile insurance regulatory reform.
- Representation of a full service education solutions provider on school improvement and reform issues.
- Representation of an international retailer on North Carolina taxation issues.
- Representation of a global Energy Solutions company on building and energy efficiency policy.
- Representation of a global Energy Services company on energy production issues including hydraulic fracturing.
- Representation of a national alcohol wholesaler on North Carolina Alcohol Beverage Control laws and regulations.
- Campbell University, Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, JD, 2009
- North Carolina State University, BA, Political Science, 2006
- North Carolina State University, BA, Communications, 2005
- Member, North Carolina Young Lobbyists Association
- Member, North Carolina Professional Lobbyists Association
- Member, North Carolina State Bar Assocation
- Member, Wake County Bar Association
- Board Member, Band Together NC, VIP Committee
- State Government Relations