Oct 20, 2011
MWC Co-Hosting 10th Annual Coal Industry Briefing
Topics to be discussed include:
- Legislative developments and proposals affecting coal producers and consumers
- EPA regulation of water intake and discharge
- EPA regulation of air emissions from coal-fired power plants
- Hot topics for state utility and environmental regulators and how they will impact the industry
Panel members and keynote speakers will include:
- Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV)
- James F. Wood, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Clean Coal, U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
- David Banks, Republican Deputy Staff Director, Senate Environment & Public Works
- Bruce Braine, VP of Strategic Policy Analysis, American Electric Power
- Mike Catanzaro, Energy Policy Advisor, Office of Speaker John Boehner (R-OH)
- Caroline Choi, Executive Director, Environmental Services & Strategy, Progress Energy
- Tony Clark, Commissioner, North Dakota Public Service Commission; President, National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC)
- Thomas L. Englert Ph.D., P.E., Vice President, Senior Professional Associate, HDR ONE COMPANY
- Michael Krancer, Secretary, Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Jon W. McKinney, Commissioner, Public Service Commission of West Virginia; Chairman, Clean Coal Subcommittee, National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC)
- Mary Frances Repko, Office of House Minority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD)
- Jonathan Wood, Vice President of Government & External Affairs, Alpha Natural Resources
Space is limited. Please register by October 13. Note: this conference has been organized in accordance with the widely attended event exception to the Congressional Gift Rules.
Registration 8 a.m.
Program 8:40 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Reception 4 - 6 p.m.
The Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
400 New Jersey Avenue, N.W.
$399 per attendee. Networking lunch and reception included. CLE credit pending.