Feb 29, 2012
'Tis the (Campaign) Season: The Laws of Political Fundraising for 2012
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
9 – 10:30 a.m.
Breakfast will be provided.
2001 K Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20006
Who should attend: Anyone who intends to raise funds for a political candidate or political committee this year, including companies, trade associations, nonprofits, lobbying firms, public affairs firms and other organizations and firms with employees who raise funds in political campaigns.
Speakers: Bill Farah and Elliot Berke
Moderator: Frank Donatelli
What attendees will learn:
- How to avoid the pitfalls of federal fundraising laws and regulations.
- Performing political campaign activity in the workplace: what you can and what you cannot do.
- What corporations and other organizations (for-profits and nonprofits) can and cannot do.
- How to host a political fundraising event.
- How to participate in the political process without becoming a headline.
- When and how political activity is disclosed to the public.
- How to raise political money for a "Super PAC."
- How to navigate state and local fundraising laws and regulations, including pay-to-play restrictions.
To register for the event, click here.