Aug 2, 2006
Public Private Partnership Bulletin
1. New Jersey to consider P3 says Governor Corzine
Address to the New Jersey legislature by Governor Corzine calling for the state to use public-private partnerships to raise money to pay down state debts. Most see the New Jersey Turnpike and the Atlantic City Expressway as key targets.
2. Tyson's tunnel saga continues
Tysons Metro Tunnel Buoyed Cost Wouldn't Threaten Completion, Panel Says
Washington Post, July 29, 2006
Frank Wold letter referenced in the article above.
Tunnel Visions: Under -- not over -- Tysons Corner is the right rail track to Dulles Airport
Washington Post, July 31, 2006
3. Virginia may scrap Dulles Rail PPTA contract with Bechtel
Virginia to Review Rival Bid For Tysons Rail Extension
Washington Post, August 1, 2006
4. Loudoun politicians decry Greenway toll increase proposal
Supervisors Balk At Greenway Toll Hike Dusty Smith
Leesburg Today, July 28, 2006
5. Public private partnerships for school development reviewed
Recent story on the public radio business program "Marketplace" about schools built using public private partnerships (see Too many kids, not enough seats).
6. Tolls win poll for Virginia's transportation solution
Poll: transit aid wanted, no taxes; Survey says Virginians oppose remedies pressed by politicians
Richmond Times-Dispatch, August 1, 2006
7. North Carolina planners advance toll plan to finish bypass
I-540 toll plan goes to mayors Legislators defer to county agency
News & Observser, August 2, 2006
8. Manassas Park issues PPEA wish list
A recent release from the City of Manassas Park outlines projects that have PPEA potential along with the city's recently adopted PPEA/PPTA guidelines.