Oct 21, 2009
House Small Business Committee Proposes \"Small Business Financing and Investment Act of 2009\" (H.R. 3854)
The following programs would be created, modified or enhanced under the Small Business Financing and Investment Act of 2009:
- Small Lender Outreach Program;
- Rural Lending Outreach Program;
- Military Reservist and Veteran Small Business Program;
- Capital Backstop Program;
- CDC Economic Development Loan Program;
- Microloan Credit Building Initiative;
- Small Business Investment Company Modernization (SBIC Program);
- New Markets Venture Capital Program;
- Renewable Energy Capital Investment Program;
- Small Business Health Information Technology Financing Program;
- Small Business Early-Stage Investment Program; and
- Small Business Disaster Loan Program.
For a copy of the proposed bill, please click here.
The Private Equity practice at McGuireWoods LLP is dedicated to keeping our clients advised of new legislative and business developments as they occur. If you have any questions regarding these proposed legislative changes, please feel free to contact your primary attorney at McGuireWoods LLP or the authors.
McGuireWoods Consulting LLC is a full-service public affairs firm offering government relations, strategic communications and grassroots, and economic and infrastructure development services. For more information, visit www.mcguirewoodsconsulting.com.
McGuireWoods and McGuireWoods Consulting work together on behalf of clients on small business issues, and are a powerful team that can address the legal, regulatory, and legislative needs of small businesses and private equity investment funds.
If you would like to receive our legal news updates by e-mail, please use our online sign-up form.