Jul 7, 2009
Public Private Partnerships Bulletin
1. North Carolina moves ahead with Mid-Currituck Bridge project
Documents related to the NCTA approval can be found here.
2. NCTA decides Garden Parkway route
3. Cape Charles gets stimulus money, PPEA still being debated
4. VDOT polls Hampton Roads residents on tolls
5. Fluvanna County eyes PPEA for broadband effort (2 attachments)
Attached at the bottom of the page is the unsolicited proposal notice from Fluvanna County from Digital Bridge to install broadband in the county, and a copy of the Digital Bridge proposal.
6. Midtown Tunnel PPTA advances, lower tolls sought (2 articles)
Panel seeks lower tolls in Midtown Tunnel project
VDOT: Private firms qualified to do tunnel work
7. Private group plans PPTA for Chesapeake's Dominion Boulevard
8. Virginia Port Authority PPTA from Centerpoint analyzed (3 articles, 1 presentation)
Virginia Port proposal draws interest from other firms
Virginia Port: Recession hits hard; bond ratings downgraded
Deeds, McDonnell think port privatization offer needs to be stronger
9. Virginia seeks PPEA proposals for Southeastern Virginia Training Center (1 attachment)
Attached at the bottom of the page beginning on page 9 is the unsolicited proposal notice to replace Southeastern Virginia Training Center in Chesapeake, Virginia.
10. Dulles Metro faces challenges with western landowners
11. Port privatizations questioned
12. Indiana's Daniels praises toll road deal
13. Georgia 400 deal potentially alive
14. North Carolina considers IT privatization
15. Fairfax inks PPEA deal for Wiehle Avenue parking deck
Follow this link to the documents related to the PPEA transaction with Comstock Properties for the deck along the Dulles Rail Project.
16. New York releases final report on asset monetization
17. Port of Miami tunnel PPP signed
18. Poll shows voters approve of PPP infrastructure
19. Kaine takes credit for PPP deals, says more work to be done
20. Northern Virginia PPEA forensic lab opens - on time, under budget
21. Baltimore analyzes port leasing deals
22. Virginia PPEA panel seeks guidance revision suggestions (1 attachment)
Attached at the bottom of the page beginning on page 10 is a recent notice from the new, standing committee on the model Virginia PPEA guidelines seeking comments on proposed changes to incorporate statutory amendments and other best practices.
23. Eastern State and Virginia Beach Animal Shelter proposals filed (2 links)
Follow these links to two recent notices for unsolicited proposals filed at Eastern State Hospital and a new animal shelter for the City of Viriginia Beach.