Nov 2, 2010
Public Private Partnerships Bulletin
1. PPTA developers seeks public views on Midtown tunnel tolls and project issues
The following links take you to TV stories about surveys distributed recently by Elizabeth River Crossings, the PPTA team that has entered into an interim agreement with VDOT to develop the Downtown Tunnel/Midtown Tunnel/MLK project.
3. North Carolina PPP effort advances (1 link, 1 attachment)
This link to SB 900 and the PPP Commission Bios attached at the bottom of the page are materials from the North Carolina legislature about legislation that recently passed to create a study group to look at passing PPEA-type legislation in the state in 2011. The study group will be important to advancing this cause.
7. VDOT seeks comments on revised PPTA guidelines
Go to this link for the revised draft of the PPTA guidelines for use by Virginia's transportation agencies. Public comments are welcome.
8. U.S. Treasury issues report on infrastructure development opportunities
9. Partnerships interest builds as governments face fiscal issues (1 article, 1 attachment)
Attached at the bottom of this page are letters from Mayor Fraim and Delegate Oder about the HRBT project which is profiled in this article from the Wall Street Journal.
17. USDOT issues TIGER II awards
Click here to see the list of the recently announced Tiger II grants.
18. Alternative Procurement Report given by HRSD
Attached at the bottom of the page is a great presentation given at WESTEC 2010 by Bruce Husselbee from the Hampton Roads Sanitation District about the group's recent experience with the PPEA. It is a good handbook for public agencies and how to best use the process.
20. Discussion continues regarding Richmond jail PPEA site (2 articles)
Residents push back on Richmond jail at East End site
Michael Paul Williams: New jail should be built at the current site - and now
21. VDOT formally accepts PPTA proposals for Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel (2 articles)