Apr 20, 2010
Lloyd Named to Governor's Economic Development and Jobs Creation Commission
Lloyd is one of 64 appointees to the commission, which will be co-chaired by Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling and the Governor's Senior Economic Advisor Bob Sledd.
The primary focus of the commission will be to:
- Indentify impediments to and opportunities for job creation;
- Review how other states and foreign countries are attracting jobs and how Virginia could replicate and improve upon those initiatives;
- Review the agencies' role in job creation and make recommendations on how those efforts can be better coordinated to ensure unparallelled efficiency and effectiveness;
- Make recommendations on new investments and changes to the tax and regulatory environment in the Commonwealth to maintain and increase the Commonwealth's standing as the best place to do business in the United States of America;
- Evaluate the current programs and investments designed to develop the workforce and attract and retain businesses in Virginia, and make recommendations on their effectiveness and need for improvement; and
- Assist the Cabinet and the Virginia Economic Development Partnership to identify and target industries and businesses to recruit to Virginia.
To read the governor's press release in its entirety, please click here. To read today's Richmond Times-Dispatch article, click here.