Apr 19, 2010
Public Private Partnerships Bulletin
1. Coast Guard allows Jordan Bridge replacement to proceed, but opening delayed (3 articles)
Coast Guard approves Jordan Bridge replacement
New goal for replacement of Jordan Bridge: 2011
Jordan replacement is lonely good news
2. Maryland ports signs deal for Seagirt
3. Ports study committee cautious about PPTA proposals (2 articles, 1 link)
The study committee's final report may be found here.
Cautious assembly panel holds last hearing on port proposals
Protect port deal from politicians
4. GMU Hotel and Conference Center PPEA moves forward
5. Midtown Tunnel still a top PPTA priority, interim agreement signed (2 articles, 2 links)
A link to the interim agreement can be found at: http://www.midtowntunnel.org/ under "Media Room"
Virginia transportation secretary says Midtown Tunnel is top priority
VDOT signs agreement on proposal for Midtown Tunnel
A link to the Skanska press release can be found here.
6. Maryland denies rumors of possible BWI sale
7. Virginia-Northrop Grumman PPEA dispute continues (4 articles, 2 links)
Copies of the JLARC reports on the Northrop Grumman IT PPEA contract can be found here.
Northrop Grumman says it's willing to mediate dispute
Editorial: VITA is a public-private mess
Editorial: A public-private fiasco continues
Northrop Grumman's extended contract no bargain
Ongoing coverage of Virginia's Northrop Grumman IT contract.
8. Colonial Heights proceeds with PPEA plan
9. Dulles Toll Road transfer to MWAA leaves Fairfax transit gap, toll increases critcized (2 articles)
County left holding the bag with Dulles corridor buses
Dulles Toll Road fees rise to help pay for Silver Line; increases are criticized
10. Augusta County seeks PPEA for new fire station
The attachment at the bottom of this page is a solicitation for competing proposals for a fire and rescue station.
11. Georgia DOT considering plans for toll tunnel under Atlanta
12. NCTA approves turnpike plans (2 articles)
State awards turnpike contracts
News & Observer
Garden Parkway is a go-go-go
13. Perdue plan for 1-485 completion remains controversial (2 articles)
Charlotte loop's funding called legal
News & Observer
Treasurer takes 1-485 fight to lawmakers
14. Manassas Park seeks PPEA for new library
A recent PPEA notice from Manassas Park, Virginia seeking competing proposals can be found here.
15. 2010 to bring new P3 opportunities
16. Richmond receives unsolicited PPEA proposal for jail (3 articles, 1 link, 1 TV news link)
A copy of the competing proposals notice can be found here.
City of Richmond receives new jail proposal
Richmond Government: The Jail Pitch
Richmond begins review process for jail proposals
17. VDOT maintenance outsourcing panned after winter snows
18. Atlanta MARTA considers P3 for transit terminal
19. South Carolina Greenville Connector goes bankrupt
20. North Carolina advances consideration of ABC privatization (2 articles)
Liquor sales panel to look at ABC privatization
News & Observer
What's N.C.'s ABC system worth?
21. Chesapeake receives new PPTA plan for Dominion Boulevard
22. Miami HOT Lanes working too well
23. Virginia General Assembly restricts political giving by PPEA/PPTA proposers
Follow this link to legislation recently passed in Virginia regarding campaign contributions by PPTA/PPEA proposers.
24. HRSD seeks PPEA proposals for administrative facilities
Follow this link for a recent notice from the Hampton Roads Sanitation District soliciting PPEA proposals for administrative facilities.
25. RRHA seeks competing PPEA proposals for Jackson Place development.
Follow this link for a notice for competing PPEA proposals from the Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority for the development of the Jackson Place mixed-use project.
26. Stafford County seeks competing PPTA proposals for road improvement program.
Follow this link for a notice for competing PPTA proposals from Stafford County for certain 2008 Transportation Bond Referendum Program projects.