May 20, 2010
Public Private Partnerships Bulletin
1. Virginia ranks Midtown Tunnel PPEA a top priority
In addition to press coverage, a copy of Virginia's request can be found at the links below:
2. Virginia solicits for new 460 PPEA (3 articles, 2 links)
A copy of the VDOT solicitation document can be found here under "Solicitation for Conceptual Proposals".
A copy of VDOT's press release can be found here.
5. SPSA closes PPEA deal to sell waste to energy plant to Wheelabrator
Press release about the $150 million transaction can be found here.
7. NCTA awards tolling bid to TransCore
Attached at the bottom of the page is a recent announcement by the North Carolina Turnpike Authority to award its tolling contract to TransCore.
13. Virginia requests federal permission to toll I-95 (3 articles, 2 attachments)
Copies of the letters to FHWA are attached at the bottom of this page.
A link to the press release issued by Governor McDonnell can be found here.
18. Virginia passes law restricting political donations by PPTA and PPEA proposers
During the 2010 General Assembly session, SB 506 was passed, and has been signed into law effective July 1, 2010, limiting political contributions by teams pursuing PPEA and PPTA projects with the state. This is a must read.
19. Georgia advances North by Northwest PPP proposals
20. Maryland seeks teams for travel plaza concessions
21. Illinois passes PPP legislation for construction of Illiana Expressway
Go to this link for legislation recently adopted by Illinois, based on the Virginia PPTA, to develop the Illiana Expressway.
22. Virginia privatization efforts require due diligence
23. Northrop Grumman PPEA contract extension questioned