The McGuireWoods Consulting Infrastructure and Economic Development team is the preeminent leader in navigating the politically-driven climate of infrastructure projects, with a depth of experience in site selection, incentives negotiations, opportunity zones and public-private partnership deals. From building a new facility and relocating existing operations to navigating complex site selection and incentives negotiations process, our team works with you every step of the way to accomplish your business goals. MWC has a proven track record securing millions of dollars in economic incentives negotiations and we work in partnership with state and local governments to develop needed infrastructure projects, playing an instrumental role in implementing public-private partnership laws across the country, and guiding companies through the development process.
MWC helps investors leverage opportunity zone tax benefits to enhance returns, navigating the requirements of the program to your advantage, including the facilitation of public-private partnerships (P3). By combining P3 deals with the opportunity zone program, investors can leverage additional benefits including easing the cost of basic infrastructure, locating facilities outside of class-A commercial zones and additional tax advantages. McGuireWoods Consulting can assist with site selection, community support, education and awareness and incentive negotiations for your P3 deal.
From understanding complicated government regulations and policy issues to ensuring public sentiment is favorable to your project, our team possesses the experience and strong relationships to get the job done. We work with key decision-makers on a daily basis to help our clients integrate themselves into the communities they're entering as partners, not adversaries. With the proper guidance and due diligence, McGuireWoods Consulting can help navigate your company through the complex governmental approval processes, saving you time and money while ultimately adding to your bottom line.
Economic Incentive Negotiation & Site Selection
Corporate Office | Food & Beverage | Logistics & Distribution | Manufacturing
- Provide site selection assistance to identify the right location for your company’s facility
- Lead incentive negotiations to reduce operating and startup costs
- Secure legislative or regulatory changes favorable to your business goals
- Negotiate and finalize performance incentive agreements and contracts to ensure government commitments are kept
- Secure passage of legislation favorable to the alternative delivery of infrastructure
- Identify and develop potential infrastructure project opportunities
- Assemble the “dream team” to enable a successful procurement
- Assist with proposal drafting and stakeholder outreach efforts to educate the public
- Leverage opportunity zone tax benefits to enhance returns
- Navigate the requirements of the opportunity zone program
- Identify public-private partnership opportunities to use in conjunction with the opportunity zone program
- Assist with site selection, community support, education and awareness and incentive negotiations
- Identify and negotiate incentives
- Track public policy and regulatory matters related to data centers
- Navigate the data center site selection process
- Develop infrastructure projects